Re: Recommended kernel patches for video capture

Es schrieb Erik Slagter:

> > nvrec (divx4rec mostly) I'm using now since about March close to daily
> > on my saa7134 md9717 and now a cvs version also with a FV3K on test
> > kernels. I do timeshift playback with xine to Nvidia GF4 tvout, also
> > over nfs mounts, and _never_ noticed user visible a/v sync problems.
>
> I forgot to mention nvrec, that one also forces correct a/v sync.
>
> > For mencoder just repeated the maximum load test with the 1 GHz Athlon I
> > did with 2.4.20-v4l2, when Jindrich brought the v4l2-patch, using the
> > same settings on test11 with test10-kraxelpatch-2. (new patch with
> > MT2050 tuner is released)
>
> This proves my point (in another thread) that you don't need much
> processor power to do capturing btw.
>
> > Same result. A/V is completly in sync for 720x576 PAL mpeg4 and audio
> > stereo with lame for what I can see :) Crond was disabled and no user
> > activities, mplayer-cvs-030915. Don't know if it is currently broken.
>
> I get different reports. Some of "us" SAA7134 owners don't have a
> problem at all, some have many and I do have some. It looks like the
> reception quality is the key factor here.

I tried to confirm that, but I can't. Usually I have a strong clear
signal despite of my first channel. This one is nicely disturbed and
looks similar like a rather bad terrestical signal. Ok I get drops
there, but after about 50 minutes the audio is still fully lip synced.

the complete log is here (259K):
http://homepages.compuserve.de/doxa1121/misc/linuxstuff/menc-test11-disturbed.out.tar.bz2
sample pics from the disturbed channel and from normal output are here
http://homepages.compuserve.de/doxa1121/misc/linuxstuff/saa7134-pics

Hermann