Flyvideo Prime 34FM and Audio

Purchased a new "FlyVideo 3000" recently, got a "Flyvideo Prime 34FM"
delivered. Appears to be the same card, but getting audio out of it is a
non-starter for me.

I have tried both 0.2.8 and the most recent (20031016) snapshot, does not
help.

Tried with both oss=1 and not, both with ALSA in the system as well (for
the onboard sound on the motherboard) and without ALSA. No audio
regardless. With the audio loopback patch cable, and without. Same
deal. Tried various suggestions from trawling google (such as hacking the
driver to set ctl_mute to 0, or `v4lctl volume mute off`.). Again,
nothing.

I've forced the audio carrier to 5.5MHzi (which is correct for PAL-B/G),
and watching the logs for the audio scanning, it reports:

	saa7134[0]/audio: audio carrier scan failed, using 5.500 MHz [insmod
	option]
	saa7134[0]/audio: tvaudio_setmode: trying PAL-B/G FM-stereo
	[5.500/5.742 MHz]
	saa7134[0]/audio: tvaudio_setmode: trying PAL-B/G NICAM
	[5.500/5.850 MHz]
	saa7134[0]/audio: tvaudio_setmode: using PAL-B/G FM-stereo
	[5.500/5.742 MHz]

It should find a NICAM carrier on at least one of the channels I've feed
the tuner (of the 10 or so I can get, 5 definately have NICAM carriers,
verified by my VCR with the same antenna input). It's news to me there's
an FM stereo feed on any of the channels (including ones which I know
don't do NICAM either), I was always under the impression here in NZ it's
either FM mono or NICAM, nothing else.

Trying to record from the /dev/dsp device created with oss=1 results in
spamming this into the logs:

	saa7134[0]/oss: irq: field oops [odd]

xawtv fails to give any sound either. Note I'm using the Debian testing
supplied version, so I guess it could be fixed in later versions.

Part of problem is quite possibly the use of the v4l1 compat layer, but
alas MythTV (what the box will be running all the time) only appears to
support that. But, others report success with Flyvideo 3000s...

Is this a new card which requires hacking the card list, in which case
what's of value to try, and if other people have it functional with audio
(esp with oss=1) I'd love to know what you've done. :)

Thanks :)

- --
David Zanetti           |  (__)
#include <geek/unix.h>  |  ( oo    Mooooooo
http://hairy.geek.nz/   |  /(_O ./