Re: bttv tuner debug howto

Michel Bardiaux (mbardiaux@xxxxxxxxxxx):

> Billy Biggs wrote:
> >
> >  I had this problem report in my support log for tvtime:
> >
> >pinnacle pctv pro
> >  - could not change channels
> >  - not with 0.7.xx in 2.4.20
> >  - not with 0.7.107 on site
> >  - worked with 0.9.11, user had cable problems
> >    hurting quality though
> >  - mirror176 on freenode
> >
> >  Try the 0.9.11 version of the bttv driver from
> >http://bytesex.org/bttv/
>
> Without the dmesg output, it is impossible to tell whether it failed
> in 0.7 because of the 'new tuner' problem. Could be an 'old fashioned'
> Pinnacle card with another problem.

  True.  I put in my log file all the information that I could get from
the user.  Many people on IRC become uninterested in providing
information or sticking around after their specific problem is solved,
unfortunately.

  http://tvtime.net/problems.txt

  I'm still trying to decide how best to distribute some of this
information.  The file was done for my own use because so many problems
come up and get solved that I don't have time to deal with in more
depth..

  -Billy