Re: ir-common question

Uz.ytkownik hermann pitton napisa?:
Hard life of ignorant :(.
Maybe these are stupid questions but excuse full layman.
I did not compiled neither evdev nor joydev - do I need it to set ir-common (I mean input/eventX) working (evdev sounds good)? Compiling lirc I supposed, that devinput is right choice for driver but of course I am not sure of that. Could you explain me shortly how it works (I mean some schema like: hardware - ir-common(sa7134?) - evdev - /dev/input/eventX - lircd?
Regards
WK

Hi Wieslaw,

didn't have time to play with it last days and no attempts on lirc yet,
but I checked the function on test6 seeing the correct keys in syslog
(tail -f) like defined in saa7134-input.c, going through ir-common.h and
.c to /linux/include/input.h. So it works directly out of the box like
strokes on the keyboard for setting channels with xawtv and tvtime for
example. I had loaded evdev and even joydev on test6 to verify the
keymap on the FV3K.

Greetings

Hermann