Re: webcam driver can not compile, please help

--- Tuukka Toivonen <tuukkat@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>On Mon, 8 Sep 2003, eric lin wrote:
>
>>>If you can code, you could try fixing the problem. qc-usb driver faced the
>>>same problem, which I solved. You may download the code from
>>>http://qce-ga.sourceforge.net
>>  Thanks your point out, I follow your link to download 2 files
>>linux-2.4.20-videodevfix.patch
>>qc-usb-0.5.1.tar.gz
>>but I wonder whether I untar it or how to patch it,
>
>No, you can not use qc-usb at all unless you want to _code yourself a fix_
>into the BTC camera driver. If you really know "C" and want to try it, you
>can use qc-usb as an example, but otherwise qc-usb is totally useless for
>you. This is what I meant.
>
>>hope to see more detail and complete information to fix it
>
>Not from me, sorry. I don't have that camera.
Dear Tuukka:

  So that is driver's (nw802)defect or linux kernel's(rh9, 2.4.20)

  I certainly like to try any way to fix it.

  I remember in last email you said , redhat patch it to death, that seem it is rh9 linux kernel's defect.  So if I update to newer kernel, 2.4.21, is that help to solve this compile error?

  Highly appreciate your advice (or any advanced linuxer's advice) again, and thanks in advance.

Sincerely Eric

Have you signed up for the World's Fastest Free Email ? http://www.Luxmail.com