Re: Video Card recommendation

On Wed, 03 Sep 2003 09:21:39 -0700
"Vincent Yau" <v_yau2@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I am thinking about replacing my existing video card with a new one that
> has TV out option so that I can broadcast some movies/videos from my
> Linux box directly to my TV.  Most likely, I will be using Xine or
> RealPlayer on Linux.
>
> My question is, what are some of the better video cards with TV out
> option that has has good Linux support from the vendor?  I am not up
> with all the latest happenings in the video card area.  The last time I
> bought a new video card, I bought one made by Matrox which I am still
> using..  I am pretty happy with it.
>
> Any tips/pointers much appreciated.

I'd say get a used holywood+ card for <$10 ... you can find the drivers at
dxr3.sf.net and the picture quality is excellent.

Right now only mpeg streams can be displayed on the tv, some SDL stuff is
in the cvs, work is underway to get the docs / reverse engineer the thing
to get the framebuffer running on it too.

--

Jure Pecar