Re: shared interrupts

Alan, does that include the Apollo Pro MVP3? I had problems with horizontal lines in my BT878 captures at 720x480 until I patched up to 22-rc2 and the 0.9.11 bttv driver. I believe it is the driver that made the difference though, because I believe I still saw the problem with the 0.7.107 version and 22-rc2, although it's possible that a combination of driver and kernel fixed my problem.

I am also curious where the IRQ routing changes went because I don't see any obvious changs to quirks.c. I'm looking in the wrong place?

Alan Cox wrote:

An internet search reveals that PCI problems are common with alot of
different
VIA chipsets, particularly running Linux.

The older VIA chipsets (KT133 etc) had a flaw with very high PCI load.
People shouldn't be seeing these with newer ones. The only problem we've
really had with newer VIA was IRQ routing errors and those turned out to be
our fault (and fixed in the newest kernels).

Alan