Re: Requesting advice on tuners.

On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 01:18:55 +0200
Damjan Bole <damjan.bole@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have 1.3ghz tbird, sb live, geforce 2mx and pinnacle pctv rave(model with bt878). I captured one vhs tape (scart<->composite) so far and am quite pleased with quality. Time shifting, isn't this when you can record stream and play it back few seconds later? It should work with any tvtuner and reasonably fast cpu. Use ffmpegrec/vcr/streamer/or whatever to record stream and mplayer to play it back anywhere in the middle or after recording.
> regards

Thank you for the prompt feedback.

I understand time shifting as replaying a part of a stream on the screen while recording continues in the background and then continue to watch the program shifted out of sync. with the broadcast by several seconds.

How difficult was the PCTV to setup? What distro are you using and did you add the card to an existing system, or add the card and do a fresh install?

Thank you for the advice.

Any Hauppauge users out there? I an still interested in the hardware MPED decoding on the 350.  John T