Re: Hard lockup with xawtv -triggered by heavy disk I/O

It seems that xawtv overlay mode is buggy and screws some video driver area and eventually crashes system. Grabdisplay mode in xawtv works stable so far but it drops frames when fullscreen and uses too much cpu power. There's great alternative (at least for those who like doing heavy background tasks and watching tv at same time ;). Mplayer, video "swiss army knife" does great job grabbing from tvtuner using less cpu power.
v4lctl setstation mtv; mplayer -tv on:driver=v4l:width=640:height=480 -vo xv

regards