Sandro Wefel and the linux grabber and yuv420p to 411 conversion method

Hello ,
I saw in the phillps linux webcam site
http://www.smcc.demon.nl/webcam/working.html#vic
the following note anout the vic project and an
extension to the linux grabber of this project :

"Sandro Wefel made a replacement for grabber-video4linux.cpp
to enable the YUV420P palette for VIC. Simply copy this file over the existing
one in the vic distribution and rebuild."

well , I looked at the code ,(there is a link to that
code of Sandro Wefel in the site abovr)  and I saw the following:
//  have_420P
	// vcvt_420p_411p(width_, height_, (char *)fr, frame_);
	memcpy((void *)......
     }

well , I am trying to understand the change and especially why it is correcet
(because it works OK , I had tested it with YUV420P Palette!)

Well , it seems that a method name "vcvt_420p_411p" was added ,
but it is not called (it's full implementation is at the end of the grabber file)
instead , there is a call to memcpy .
Why this call is correct  ?
I had tried to locate Sandro Wefel but could not (it seems
that his mail address I saw by searching with google is no more valid)
; does anybody
know why this memcpy is correct ?
Does anybod know Sandro Wefel email address ?

regards,
sting