Re: Re: Prolink pixelview PV-BT878P+, rev 2E

Hi,
Run "dmesg" in the shell prompt and see whether the tuner and bttv driver modules are loaded first. If u'r tv tuner card is "PixelView PlayTV Pro" then u should load the bttv driver module as follows.

modprobe bttv card=37 audiomux=1.

There is no doubt in tuner type = 5. Try changing the card number from
the card list.
"/usr/src/linux-2.4.18-14/Documentation/video4linux/bttv/CARDLIST".
Confirm that u have connected the audio output the Tv Tuner card to
the line in of the sound card.

All the best.

With Regards,
S.Suriya Mohan.

On Sat, 16 Aug 2003 Andrew Pilley wrote :
On Sat, 2003-08-16 at 14:52, suriya mohan wrote:
> Hi,
>     Load the tuner and the bttv driver module as follows
>
>     modprobe tuner type=5 debug=1
>     modprobe bttv card=37 audiomux=1

okay. i tried setting the audiomux option, but still no dice there.
i'm
still not sure if i'm using the right options, at the moment, i've
got
card=70 set (listed in CARDLIST as
  card=70 - Prolink Pixelview PV-BT878P+ (Rev.4C,8E)
)

and i've tried tuner's type=3, 5, 38 and 24, which are the only ones that seem accurate, but i still don't get any kind of audio output
from
the output jack.

I'm still not sure if i've got card= or type= correct, either, or if
i'm
possibly missing a module (i've got tvmixer, bttv, tuner, videodev, a
few i2c modules, etc loaded.)

can anyone offer anything else i might be missing/forgetting/getting
wrong?

thanks

Andrew Pilley

http://home.t-online.de/home/gunther.mayer/bttv/Prolink_Pixelview_PV-BT878P_Rev.jpg