bt878 (Hauppauge) question

I've built an application that uses 2 Hauppauge cards for capture, and a
Matrox 550 for
display on a TV. This work fine when one Hauppauge card is running and the
data is being displayed.
However when I activate the second card things get a little wacky.

First I will start getting brief glitches on the tv display. Then the
application will start having
trouble either capturing data or displaying it (I can't really tell which).

I've tried disabling various parts of the system to narrow down the problem,
and the
only part that seems to help is disabling the tv display (I could tell it
still failed by timing information
in the logs).

The video glitches smell like some sort of PCI/AGP/Interrupt problem, but
I'm really at
a loss as to how to isolate it and why. The data being moved around doesn't
seem excessive
for a P4 2.4Ghz system (I'm capturing and displaying 720x480x30 in YV12) but
maybe
there is something about the bt878 PCI implementation that is severly
limiting throughput. I dunno.

Any help, insight or guesses appreciated.

Neil