Re: Cinelerra mess

On Mon, 11 Aug 2003, Wieslaw Kierbedz wrote:

>I'm really sorry but my experiences with cinerella are not so wonder.
>I tried precompiled version and compiled by myself.
>Compilation needs many tricks - I had to compile some parts before, handly
>link or copy some binaries from place to place. Some parts needs autoconf
>some others not. Some must be configure separately.

?
Not at all! No autoconf is necessary at all, just issue a "make". However,
to get it to compile I had to do some modifications, mainly probably of old
program versions (I'm using Debian stable).

Here's patch which make Cinelerra compilable for Debian stable. No other
packages are required except those which can be found in Debian:

http://www.ee.oulu.fi/~tuukkat/tmp/cinelerra-1.1.6.patch3

I used gcc 2.95.4-14 for compilation, the patch creates README
including brief installation instructions. Most problems came from buggy
compiler: gcc gives sig11 for about dozen files or so.

However, I must admit that Cinelerra appears to crash very often.