Re: [patch] MPlayer support for v4l2

Es schrieb Jindrich Makovicka:

> hermann pitton wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > this is good news.
> >
> > Updated cvs from the server and the patch cleanly applied. V4l2 was
> > autodetected on my 2.4.20-v4l2. Don't have the issues frbiscani has with
> > the cvs-snapshot on the mplayer-users list. (Is his kernel v4l2
> > patched?)
>
> This issue has been resolved, there were some missing ifdef's (try
> --disable-tv-v4l and see)

Yes that is resolved. As said, I had no trouble with it.

> > (I compiled with the Live.Com libs and had an issue with faad2 1.2 beta
> > cvs-20030721. Configure doesn't get the version from libfaad.so.0, the
> > symlink to libfaad.so.0.0.0. So gcc-3.2.2 RH-9 bails out on ad_faad.c in
> > libmpcodecs.
> > Renamed the so.0.0.0 to so.0 to get around.)
>
> Don't know, this shouldn't be related to v4l at all.

Not directly, but mplayer uses it to decode the audio of rtsp
videostreams coming from mp4live over DarwinSS and this way I can have a
look at it here.

> > Have to update myself, what is going on with deinterlacing and how to
> > set and find my chan-list again and then to look at your saa7134-tvaudio
> > patch and as you say, the minor controls are not ready yet, but that's
> > all for now.
>
> They actually work for me, but they have different ranges (0..100
> instead of 0..65535 in v4l).

Confirmed. Everything mentioned above is working. Had to setup my confs
somewhat more and to realize the slightly differences between the -vo
options, when using the keys and the osd to alter values.

Greetings

Hermann