Re: ADV601/wavelet

Hi Geoffrey                                      >@2003.07.26_18:53:47_+0200

> Are there Linux drivers for Analog Devices' ADV601 or VideoPipe?

I'm busy writing a v4l2 driver for one of our camera boards which uses the
ADV611 codec. I've got a driver which can

 (a) decompress data from one of the six composite video inputs (were using
     the ADV7183 video decoder)

 (b) compress data and display it on the composite video output (encoding
     using the ADV7176 video encoder)

 (c) a bunch of other diagnostic modes, e.g. passthrough, colorbar, etc.

So far, I'm only using static binwidth tables - still working on
implementing dynamic binwidth calculations. There's a bunch of other minor
stuff I still need to implement though like exporting sum of squares, etc.
for motion detection and I also have to implement some video input
multiplexing code, but the rest is done.

I've also written some test utilities to test the hardware (similar idea to
the original 601test) and I'm busy working on a software codec library.

How much of this I'll get to release to the public is another question. If
somebody wants to help with the software codec, I'm sure I can convince the
powers that be to release everything under GPL...

PS:

Some more info and mugshots on the actual camera can be found on my home
page:

http://oasis.frogfoot.net/geek/embedded/projects/icarus/

--

Regards
 Abraham

Too cool to calypso,
Too tough to tango,
Too weird to watusi
		-- The Only Ones

 Abraham vd Merwe - Frogfoot Networks CC
 9 Kinnaird Court, 33 Main Street, Newlands, 7700
 Phone: +27 21 686 1665 Cell: +27 82 565 4451
 Http: http://www.frogfoot.net/ Email: abz@xxxxxxxxxxxx