RE: multiple open()'s on the same device

I believe it is in the driver and not in different multiplexers.  The
windows driver for my card does it.  I will conceed that there may be some
trickery (odd/even fields, etc.) going on, but it certainly appears faster
than what we're seeing under linux.  Also, part of the reason for having to
drop so many frames is the image color (contrast,etc) fluxuates and takes a
bit to settle down.

Ryan