Re: audio with composite input

> Is the Composite1 input supposed to carry sound too (or just video?).

In general, sound is always seperate from the video signal.  This is true
with Composite, S-Video, and Component inputs)... RF signals are combined,
but thats different anyway.

TVs will have additional RCA connections for stereo sound input.  Due to
size, I think most TV tuner/capture cards only include a small 3.5 MM audio
input port.  You can, however, go to radio shack and get a 3.5mm to dual RCA
(meaning, so it would be one red input and one black RCA connector for
stereo--the type that a TV would have--and the type that a VCR/DVD player,
etc would output.  (And, just for terminology clarification, an RCA
connector is the small round non-threaded connector that every VCR made
since beta era has)

You also have to be conscious of stereo versus mono... Some capture cards
only do mono.  However, I think putting a stereo RCA adapter into a mono
3.5mm plug would still work--but I'd imagine only either the red or black
would actually be "live" ... I know of some cards are mono-only but have
stereo 3.5mm phone jacks, so this would be irrelevent in this situation.

-Dane Kantner