RE: saa7134 0.2.8 - My images appear softer, and other comments.

How are you doing this exactly? I'm in Australia so I have the same
setup etc as you. I have noticed similar mono/stereo switching.

> Nicam appears to lock a lot better, previously it
> wandered between Mono and Stereo a lot. Plus the
> overally quality of the image has improved. Until
> recently I tended to perform a lot of captures over
> composite in from a Nicam VCR source to make sure I
> had a solid picture and Stereo Audio.
>
> Now a couple of minor niggles
>
> 1 - Can we get a reasonable howto on using PCI based
> audio rather than using the sound card input for these
> devices. I still haven't got this working myself.

It's pretty simple. Set oss=1 in your module parameters and when the
module starts it will take the next /dev/dspx device. From memory use
dsp_nr=x as another option to specify a particular /dev/dspx you want to
use.

CH