NTSC capture card recomendation

I reciently gained access to some ATI All-in-wonder cards and I started playing with the Gatos project drivers to do some archiveing of some VHS tapes I have.

I haven't had much success getting the gatos stuff to work the way I would like. So I'm looking for a new capture card.

I will be captureing VHS tapes to be placed on VCD or in the future perhaps DVD. I want both fields so I guess that means 640x480 capture 29.97fps?

Any recomendations on a good card thats well supported by v4l or v4l2?

Some of the capture runs are close to an hour so AV sync is an issue and I'd like it to work well with nvrec.

Are there any capture cards that do audio input as well and don't require you to use your soundcard?

--
Richard A. Smith
rsmith@xxxxxxxxxxxx