Re: cannot find tuner.o

On Thu, 10 Jul 2003, warren hrach wrote:

> Bryan,
>     If the card is detected during boot up try 'xawtv'.  The docs and all
> are in an rpm for it.  I use it daily for TV from my cabletv tuner box on
> just channel 3.

Hi Warren,

That is in fact what I am trying to use, however I cannot get any video
(nor anything using radio to tune stations). Everything I can find points
to this being from a missing tuner.o. And I can of course find the
tuner.c and tuner.h in the kernel source, however I have no idea what
options will get it to compile.

Furthermore it is even more confusing that there are various patches
(v4l2, bttv) and tarballs (bttv, videodevX) all of which dont give a
straightforward "use these patches OR use this tarball, OR use the tarball
from site x".

So which is really needed, the videodevX from thedirks.org, or the v4l2
patches (and others) from bytesex.org? And, where on earth is the tuner
option, to get tuner.o compiled, in the kernel config?

If there is another list that is more directed at bttv stuff please let me
know, I don't want to be off topic.

Thanks,

	Bryan