Re: Capture using multiple tuner cards..

Dane Kantner wrote:
look for cards that support btaudio, which allows you to grab the sound
directly from the card w/out going through the sound card.
-d

Is there a list of cards for which btaudio is *supposed* to work? We have tried btaudio on a Pinnacle PCTV Rave, and the btaudio module loads without any error message, xmixer and dump-mixers 'see' the mixer corresponding to the btaudio; but sound recording applications (sox, record in xawtv) just hang.

We would *love* to use btaudio instead of an external sound card, it would allow us to stuff more capture cards in one PC chassis.

My understanding, as a newbie to all this, is that many cards have OSS
drivers that will allow you to capture the sound right off the tuner card.
If your cards fall into this category, then you shouldn't need anything
extra.

Geoff.

--
Michel Bardiaux
Peaktime Belgium S.A.  Bd. du Souverain, 191  B-1160 Bruxelles