Any progress on msp34xx stereo radio?

Hi,
I was just wondering if anybody had looked into the problem of no stereo
radio on the MSP34xx chips (specifically, I have a PCTV Pro with
msp3410g-b11). I've had another look at all the relevant PDFs, but I
really am not a competant programmer, and I've never looked at the
source for a hardware driver in my life - so I'm a bit out of my depth
:)

The problem is, I can't see anything stunningly wrong with the code. Is
there any way I can have a look at the registers for the chip in windows
when using the pinnacle driver, while using the radio? Is there some way
I can do this in linux? Because I remember when I first bought the card,
the bttv driver was in the state that if I warm-booted from windows, it
wouldn't reset the card, so I would have stereo radio (but would be
unable to tune away from that station). If there was some way I could
dump the registers of the msp chip, I can begin to have a look at where
they differ from the bttv version.

Of course, I may be completely off base here (like I said, I'm not a
programmer...) so let me know if I'm proposing something silly, or if
someone else has already done something similar.

Any work on this is greatly appreciated,

--Michael Pearce