Re: frequency table

On Sat, 28 Jun 2003, Richard Bottoms wrote:

> >is for.  If your input is just cable it will run thru all of them and set
> >up the freq. table.
> >
> >What version of xawtv are you using ? Mine is 3.74-4 on R.H. V8.0.
> >
> >If you still need a full table you have to run scantv as my table only has
> >ch 3.
>

> I have the same setup. I tried scantv, cut and pasted the result into an
> .xawtv file but got an error when I tried the code. Seems odd that Xawtv
> doesn't allow you to configure the viewer and save to a .xawtv file.
>
> This is really important. With the capture card now working all I need to
> finish this project is to able to grab frames to a file.
>
> The way the article I am referencing was written it seems I should be able
> to use $grab->capture while Xawtv is running, but I get an error since
> video0 is in use. When I use it with Xawtv shutdown all I get is black.
>
> Is there something on the command line I can issue to Xawtv to make it grab
> the frame for me?
>
> Thanks,
> r.b.

I first started with my tv card when running R.H. 7.2 and a friend got it
going by rebuilding the kernel.  When I finally moved to R.H. 8.0 I found
the TVcard was checked and setup when booting it up first time.  Just had
to run scantv then in the edit window, just call xawtv in an Kwindow
first, and hit the 'o' key to get the menu.  In that be sure to call the
channel editor then save.
You can go fullscreen or hit 'f' again to go back to smaller window to run
the menu 'o'.  To capture a frame hit 'g' for a .jpg file.

The only other thing I can think of is I did try installing R.H. 9.0 but
the tv card wouldn't work so went back to the R.H. 8.0

Warren