Re: frequency table

On Sat, 28 Jun 2003, Richard Bottoms wrote:

> Anyone have a .xawtv file with usa-cable frequency table that is properly
> read by the Video::XawTV Perl interface. Can't find a working example.
> Also, the complete API would be useful.
>
> Thanks,
> r.b.

Richard,
   I had no trouble setting up my xawtv using the 'o' to get the channel
editor I only use it an channel 3 since my Cox cable I use has a
decoderbox that outputs on Ch. 3.  But I can switch to bare cable and edit
the channels OK.  I believe the command to scan the channels is 'scantv'
and that will ask for several types, I used NTSC, then it presents a menu
'pick a freq. table' which you just do US Cable.  Don't know what the -hrc
is for.  If your input is just cable it will run thru all of them and set
up the freq. table.

What version of xawtv are you using ? Mine is 3.74-4 on R.H. V8.0.

If you still need a full table you have to run scantv as my table only has
ch 3.

Hope this helps,

Warren