Re: PCI-X boards

On Fri, Jun 27, 2003 at 01:04:28PM -0400, Scott Tillman wrote:

> The Osprey 230 should be compatible with a PCI-X slot.  More information
> (including contact and reseller info) can be found at:
>      http://www.viewcast.com/products/osprey/osprey230.html
>
> This card supports both the audio and video capture features of the 878 and
> there are linux drivers supporting it at:
>      ftp://ftp.viewcast.com/pub/OSP-230/Linux/latest/
>
> The card has multiple inputs, but only one video stream can be captured at
> any one time.  Full Disclosure: I am an employee of Viewcast.

Thanks !

We already have an Osprey 100 (which was included with RealServer)
and which we have put on the only PCI slot.

So If we buy an Osprey 230 and put it on a PCI-X slot, then we don't
need any other sound card and we will be able to acquire from both
the Osprey 100 and one channel of the 230, audio+video, at the same
time ?

Unfortunately I've forgotten to add (as always) that we need an
independant audio output, so our solution would probably be to
buy two 230 and put them in two PCI-X slots, and then buy
a generic sound card for output (a single output is fine), to
put in the only PCI slot. And then we could reuse the Osprey 100
on another machine.

We need two video + two audio channels simultaneously as input,
while at the same time playing audio on an independant audio output.

Please could you give me (privately) addresses of your local
representative in France (preferably in or near Nice) ?

Thanks in advance for all.

PS : if other hardware vendors on the list want to contact me to
offer a better solution, feel free to do so privately.

Jerome Alet