Re: language-switching with Pinnacle PCTV Pro

The Eye wrote:
btw another question about my PCTV Pro ..

is there any chance of getting the capability to switch between
languages (dual channel audio)?

the card is a stereo card but with 0.7.103 (and also 0.8.45 that I had
tried) trying the various language settings (auto, stereo, mono, lang1,
lang2) yields no result at all .. audio stays the same .. (right now I
can't test dual channel, since the next show on a TV-station I can watch
that has this is thursday night, the Naked Chef, but I can see with a
level-meter that the two output-channels get a stereo-signal, no matter
what I set "audio" to) ..

There is a bug in bttv.
Try this workaround:
 rmmod bttv; insmod bttv card=0x34
(Autodetect uses card=0x27, which takes sound from the tuner directly.
 We must get the sound decoded from msp34xx for stereo and dual lang).

When this works, we know what to fix.

btw is there a special reason why settings like "audio mode" and
suchlike are only available in xawtv when setting capture to grabdisplay
and disappear when setting to overlay? *wonders*

Wonders too.