Re: Debugging the PCTV PRO Radio problem

On Tue, Jan 07, 2003 at 10:01:10AM +0100, Peter Bienstman wrote:

> Hi Marius,
>
> I have the same card and I too have been looking at that particular piece of
> code. I also think that's the problem. I even downloaded that data sheet and
> played with the idea of implementing this.

For radio, it seems like the spurcheck isn't nessecary, but it is
probably sometimes needed for TV, so this might be the reason why you
see better picture with pinnacles driver. BTW: I don't think it is so
much work to implement it, as the algoritm is clearly specified in the
datasheet.

> BTW, I tried radio under XP, and it doesn't work well either.

It works with my card under w2k. You could try with some 3-party drivers
/ applications.

> Incidentally, did you try watching TV under Windows with this card?
> Unfortunately, the image quality is a lot better under XP,

I havent't seen much difference, but that could be caused by different
frequencies in norwegian channels, and of your channels.

> even after trying
> all sorts of interlacing and filtering options under Linux (mplayer,
> timefortv,...). Do you have the same experience? Which drivers settings and
> TV software do you use?

I just user tuner=33, and use zapping most (overlay mode).