Re: ATI AIW r128 and /dev files

> Hello!
>
>> Am I missing something in the setup of v4l here? Is there something I
>> need to change in the setup of X to force the card to use the device
>> files for video capture?
>
> Did you installed km driver from gatos.sourceforge.net?
> This driver is responsible for /dev/video0 handling.

Thanks for the response!

I have km installed, but the functionality of this program/driver is that
it requires a TV viewer program (like xawtv) running already. I am trying
to avoid this if possible. Basically I'm trying to set up something that
can do unattended video recording, and would prefer to not have to have a
TV viewer running as well. It may be, however, that this is the only way
forward. If I need to run km, then so be it, but I was hoping to avoid it!