Re: Support for special data files on VCDs

On 1 Jan 2003, Dmitri wrote:

> On Wed, 2003-01-01 at 17:04, Kevin Atkinson wrote:
>
> > How difficult will it be to add special support for the MPEG data files
> > found on (S)VCD's to the iso9660.  So that I can simply mount the disk and
> > read the data file directly without having to use a player that supports
> > reading VCD's.
>
> I guess it depends on who is doing the adding :-)
>
> There are already rippers for (S)VCDs, write a shell script and be
> happy. In fact, mplayer itself can do that (see -dumpstream option).

The point is that I want to be able to treat the special so called ISO
gateway files as normal files just like I can do on Windows.  I want to be
able to say "<any mpeg player> /mnt/cdrom1/mpegav/avseq01.dat".

I don't want to debate on WHY but on HOW.  I want to know how difficult it
would be to do so.  If it is fairly easy I may attempt to tackle it first.
But I need some guidance.

--
http://kevin.atkinson.dhs.org