Re: Support for special data files on VCDs

On Wed, 2003-01-01 at 17:04, Kevin Atkinson wrote:

> How difficult will it be to add special support for the MPEG data files
> found on (S)VCD's to the iso9660.  So that I can simply mount the disk and
> read the data file directly without having to use a player that supports
> reading VCD's.

I guess it depends on who is doing the adding :-)

There are already rippers for (S)VCDs, write a shell script and be
happy. In fact, mplayer itself can do that (see -dumpstream option).

And how often would one want to extract the MPEG datastream? I can only
think of reencoding for playback on Palm Pilot or Zaurus, but such
requests are best corrected with appropriate medication :-) Any other
conversion (such as into Divx) would result in significant loss of
quality.

Dmitri