Re: xawtv help

David McBride (JD4Utoo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx):

> After installing the km from ati.2 I got xawtv and avview to both
> work, but mp4live still does not work  It still says "Failed to open
> /dev/video0: no such device".  In xawtv and avview I select s-video or
> composite (I just had a brain freeze, and the box is across town right
> now) and pal_m and both programs work fine.  mp4live does not have the
> same options, it only gives me a browse button to brows the "/dev"
> folder, and I have no idea what to try.  All the /dev/video* gives the
> same error.  Any help would be most appreciated.

  Again, avview and xawtv both can use the ati.2 XVideo module to
display TV to the screen, but for capture (required for mp4live) you
must have a V4L interface to the card that supports capture.

  It sounds like km isn't doing its job.  You should probably check
dmesg or whatever and see if its output can indicate the problem.  Also,
I think X must be running for it to work, but I'm sorry, I don't own an
ATI card and can't really help you further.  Hopefully someone else can
take you further.

--
Billy Biggs
vektor@xxxxxxxxxxxx