Re: Pinnacle PCTV Pro

Marius Kotsbak wrote:

I think this verifies that the bttv-driver is working. The
non-functional part is the tuner driver. What kernel and version of
bttv-package are you using? Try adding the parameter bttv_debug=1 to the
bttv-driver and debug=1 to tuner.o (load tuner before bttv) and use
dmesg when loading the drivers and when tuning and look for any error
messages.

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I guess this is so. I am using a 2.4.20-rc1 kernel with a patch (found at the URL given in the parent) to patch the kernel bttv driver to 0.7.100. It is compiled "in kernel". The stock 2.4.20-rc1 bttv driver had problems with the tuner, and it (short version...) didn't work. As kernel parameter I pass bttv.card=52 (PCTV Pro) since the driver autodetects it as a 39 (PCTV Rave). The card behaves identically whether or not this kernel parameter is passed (Makes me wonder - is there any fundamental difference between bttv.card=39 and bttv.card=52? I guess there is a reason why they are defined seperately). The tuner is autodetected as a type 33 (mt2032). I don't know if it's possible to pass the debug options as boot parameters, if it is not (I'll check this out) I'll make myself a kernel with them as modules and report the results back.

Cheers,

Philip