From: video4linux-list-admin@xxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:video4linux-list-admin@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jozsa Kristof
Sent: Monday, October 28, 2002 3:36 AM
To: video4linux-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Grabbing questions/experiences

Hi there,

As my fv3k seems to get sound almost every time now, using the
saa7134-0.1.11 drivers (wonder, aint it :), the next question raises:
what software and what settings should I use for optimal capturing?

Yesterday I've played around with a bunch of different grabber software,
and it seemed I got the best results with nvrec (.sf.net). The best
settings I could used was recording stereo sound into mp3, video into
divx4 with a bitrate of 1000, using the resolution 640x480 and cubic
deinterlacing.. there was no frame drops using these settings, though
the cpu load was around 95% all the time. I couldn't go higher, seems my
athlon tbird 1Ghz can't handle resolutions up to this, though the fv3k
could grab in 720x576. Is that normal, or that's software dependent as
well?

I wonder what software / settings you guys and gals use for capturing.
If anyone could shortly share his/her experiences on the topic, I'd be
thankful.

Regards,
Christopher
--
.Digital.Yearning.for.Networked.Assassination.and.Xenocide