Re: v4l2 api

>  If I have an application like xawtv and I want to set the WM
>  properies on the X window so that the window can be resized between
>  the min/max size the hardware supports, how would I do this?

Don't do that (IMHO).  You can't assume that the hardware can freely
scale between given min and max sizes.  Most usb cams have a few fixed
sizes they can handle for example.

>  Any chance of getting aspect ratio information, so that window
>  resizes can be contrained that way too?

Anything missing in v4l2_cropcap?

  Gerd

--
You can't please everybody.  And usually if you _try_ to please
everybody, the end result is one big mess.