Re: v4l2 api

>  This is not complete. V4L2_FIELD_INTERLACED means what? top-field-first?
>  bottom-field-first?

See Michaels comments ...

> >  * drop open flags
> >    obsolete
>
>  I remember some discussion that we could support O_NONBLOCK to make
>  capturing (syncing on a buffer, VIDEO_DQBUF) blocking or nonblocking
>  depending on this flag... Is that idea still pending, or is it discarded
>  as well?

I still like the idea to have VIDEO_DQBUF look at O_NONBLOCK and then
either block or return -EAGAIN like read() does.

> >    what about the video output stuff btw.  Does anybody use that?
>
>  Yes, the zoran stuff uses it for output... There's one problem, though,
>  the 'capture' formats (MJPEG and several uncompressed formats) aren't
>  the same as the playback formats (MJPEG only), and this isn't
>  programmeable in v4l2 (yet)... Could an extra flag for this be added in
>  the format enumeration struct?

Done.  Also created a new "enum v4l2_buf_type" and renamed
VIDIOC_ENUM_PIXFMT to VIDIOC_ENUM_FMT.  Deleted VIDIOC_ENUM_FBUFFMT, you
can do that using VIDIOC_ENUM_FMT + the new type field now.

  Gerd

--
You can't please everybody.  And usually if you _try_ to please
everybody, the end result is one big mess.