Re: Display

If you need something that is fast (and the future way to go :-) check out DirectFB at

http://www.directfb.org/

This, however, requires that you build a framebuffer module for your graphics card, but on the other hand it lets you run your GTK applications without X by using GTK-DirectFB.

Have fun!
- Christian

Mike Westkamper wrote:

I am trying to debug a video processing algorithm. I am using V4L and a
Happaug card. I've got the image digitized and in memory.

Is there a way to display video on the console without using some x-windows
method? Like in the old DOS days, set the video mode and write to a screen
buffer in RGB?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.