Re: PixelView PlayTV Pro with Noisy Audio

reg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have installed PixelView PlayTV Pro on my machine.  After I have scanned the
> channels in kwintv/motv, the channels I have got have great pictures but noisy
> audio (mainly noise with tiny original program audio).  When I tried to fine tune
> the channels, I found out that if I increase the frequency by 2 MHz, I will get
> very clear audio but no picture.  It looks like that the video and the audio
> are at different frequencies.  Does anyone come across this problem?  Is there
> problem with my TV tuner?  I am using SuSE 8.0 (2.4.18 kernel) and bttv that comes
> with it.

Pixelview has lots of hardware variations.
To resolve your problem we first need to know your exact model and hardware.

So,
- Which PV-BT878 Revision is your card?
- Is your card already shown on http://home.t-online.de/home/gunther.mayer/bttv/bttv-gallery.html ?
  Do you habe a daugther board installed?
- Write down the chip ids on your card, and tuner model.
- Send "dmesg", "bttv-0.7.98/tools/detect" and "bttv-0.7.98/tools/eeprom"
  (this shows what chips are detected by bttv)