Re: Multiplexing multiple video inputs

>  This is slightly off topic and should maybe
>  be private and I may have missed some pertinent
>  post but why are you doing this?
>
>  Those specs are sort of massively {insanely}
>  impressive and all but what's the point of so
>  many streams and so much hardware if you're not
>  running a full {fairly large} studio from one
>  computer?
>
>  I guess what I'm asking is "why"? Are you
>  actually trying to edit 6 streams at once?
>  Maybe streaming them back out? Do you just
>  have a lot of stuff to capture?

I agree about the 'offtopicness' of this subject, and also proposed starting
an private thread already.

But let me answer your question : I'm building a low-cost security-camera
system that records 6 streams at low fps (+- 4 fps per camera) permanently,
and can be triggered to write recordings from -5 before to +5 minutes after
the trigger to mpg files for later retrieval.

/Ico