Re: Multiplexing multiple video inputs

Sorry,

didn't see your original email..

seems we are working on the EXACT same thing. I had noted the EXACT problem you have, and am working on a solution. If you are interested, I have the maximum frame rates achievable without syncing the cameras....

1 camera / 25 total
2 cameras/ 16.67 total
3 cameras/ 10 total
4 cameras/ 7.07 total

These are rough numbers with a simple model of the video signal, and the actual sync requirements of the card ignored. However, I have tried it with the associated number of cameras, and noted that if I go above 16,10,7 I get the chopped frames, so I'm pretty close ;-)

I would be interested in seeing the work you have done on opening four video streams to capture to. I am working with vcr by Bram, and will be changing to 4 AVIs today. I have very limited processor to work on (C3 800), so it will be interesting.

With regards to the VSYNC, I am investigating video buffers (some aren't that expensive..), and will let you know how I go.

Stay in touch!

Miles