Re: USB Video Capture

Reply to the mail from Fernando Lozano (fsl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx):

> Hi there,
>
> Can anyone provide me some pointers on how to use USB video capture
> devices? I have a Pinnacle LNX, maybe it's not supported, but it may
> not work so different from other Pinnacle USB devices wich I read are
> supported bt V4L.

Fernando,

Seems that the Pinnacle LINX is not supported. It differs from other devices
in that it captures images from an analog video signal ( most other usb devices
are simply webcams ).

I looked at Pinnacle�s website and it looks to me that this device is absolutely
proprietary. So you will have to ask them to provide a linux driver for their device
or to give technical information about their device to developers. But I suspect
they will just laugh about your request.

Best regards,

Arne Caspari