USB Video Capture

Hi there,

Can anyone provide me some pointers on how to use USB video capture
devices? I have a Pinnacle LNX, maybe it's not supported, but it may
not work so different from other Pinnacle USB devices wich I read are
supported bt V4L.

My USB is working well (mouse and zip drive works on Red Hat Linux 7.3).
But I could not go beyond "modprobe video4linux" or something like that.
xawtv finds no video capture device and I don't know which devide to
give to it, not what kind of device I should find (/dev/???) for USB
video capture.

Docs on the net are virtually none. Lots of API docs for developers, but
no info about how to install, configure and use, even for PCI boards.

There should be a kernel module for my usb device? Won't a genneric
module works, like for USB storeage and mouse? Which device nodes should
I look for?

Are there someone using any USB capture device and willing to tell me
which one and how him uses it?

Thanks in advance!

[]s, Fernando Lozano