Re: ATI TV Wonder VE

----- Original Message -----
From: <tps@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <video4linux-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, September 08, 2002 9:57 AM
Subject:  ATI TV Wonder VE

> Hi Folks.
>
>  I have this card installed in a machine, and it *almost* works. I get
> video signal through either input, but the sync seems to be off. About
> 75% of the way down the screen, there is a dark 'horizontal sync' bar, and
> under that, the actual top part of the picture. Also, the picture is
mostly
> B&W. Every one in a while, the card will work perfectly, but if I rmmod
> the bttv driver and reinstall it, it goes back to the above behaviour.
> Any pointers as to what is wrong? It's obviously something I'm doing...
>
> Tim
>
> --
Hey Tim and the rest.

I've got the TV-Wonder-VE also tim and i had the exacty problem you
discribe.  I'm not sure exactly what caused it.  Someone told me it was
because I was using a card type the assumed an EEPROM and the VE doesn't
have one.  Heres what I have in my modules.conf which makes the card look a
whole hell of a lot better then when I had it in my Windows machine with
ATI's software(ati's software sucks).

#first off the i2c stuff
alias char-major-89    i2c-dev
options i2c-core    i2c_debug=1
options i2c-algo-bit    bit_test=1

# bttv stuff
alias char-major-81    videodev
alias char-major-81-0 bttv
options bttv                 card= 64 radio=0
options tuner               tuner=2

my guess is all you'll have to change is the card=64 which is the card type
set for the ATI tv wonder VE,  and most importantly the Tuner=2,  which is
the phillips NTSC tuner and is the reason i had the exact same 75% off and
lack of color problem.
I hope this helps,  if not, "Damnit chris,  You otta your element."

cweb2021