Re: help with new bt878 card APAC viewcomp 878

On September 8, 2002 12:17 pm, Gunther Mayer wrote:
> JP Fournier wrote:
> > I've got an APAC viewcomp 878 based tv card
> > with FM radio support and IR remote control
> > support via a detector attached to a dongle
> > which plugs into the back of the card.

> First look up your card on:
> http://home.t-online.de/home/gunther.mayer/bttv/bttv-gallery.html

Thanks for the pointer.  I looked through them,
but mine's not there.  The layout on my card is
different than those on the webpage, although
some components are obviously familiar, such
as the Phillips tuner and the bt878 chip.

> > The problem I have is that I'm getting audio
> > from only one channel.  For instance using
> > the "radio" app it tunes and detects a stereo
> > radio station, but I only get sound out of
> > the left channel.
>
> So your right speaker is muted ?

One channel is definitely muted, but I don't think
it's at the sound card level.  alsamixer gives
a curses display of what's going on on the
sound card, and playing with the levels makes
no difference.  Also, other sounds apps like
ogg123 and audio cds play in stereo.

regards

jp