help with new bt878 card

Hi Folks,

I've got an APAC viewcomp 878 based tv card
with FM radio support and IR remote control
support via a detector attached to a dongle
which plugs into the back of the card.

Obviously, I did not check things out sufficiently
before buying it, since it is not listed as supported
by the bttv drivers.

The good news is that this card almost works
perfectly pretending to be card=37
(Prolink PixelView PlayTV pro).  Even the
IR remote works with lirc, after I recorded
the codes from the bundled remote.  The
radio part works, xawtv works and I can
record video + audio with mp1e or nuvrec.

I'm using alsa 0.9 rc3 with the via868 drivers,
which seem stable enough, although is not without
it's quirks.

Basically this is what I'm doing to insert
0.7.92 bttv type modules into kernel 2.4.18 :
# tv card
#
modprobe tuner type=2
modprobe bttv card=37 radio=1 fieldnr=1 gbuffers=2
modprobe lirc_gpio

The problem I have is that I'm getting audio
from only one channel.  For instance using
the "radio" app it tunes and detects a stereo
radio station, but I only get sound out of
the left channel.  I have tried both plugging
the tv card's audio out via an external stereo
patch cable to the sound card's (onboard) input, and
via and internal cable connecting to an internal
audio input.  Same result in both cases.

I'm assuming that this audio problem is a quirk
of not having exactly the right card entry in the bttv
driver.

This is the card=37 entry that almost works:
	name:		"Prolink PixelView PlayTV pro",
	video_inputs:	3,
	audio_inputs:	1,
	tuner:		0,
	svhs:		2,
	gpiomask:	0xff,
	muxsel:		{ 2, 3, 1, 1 },
	audiomux:	{ 0x21, 0x20, 0x24, 0x2c, 0x29, 0x29 },
	no_msp34xx:	1,
	pll:		PLL_28,
	tuner_type:	-1,

At the suggestion of the driver docs, I started
digging though the windows drivers and came across
these entries in an ini file:

* Module      : BT848/BT878
* Description : PC TV/FM Hardware configuration
* Version     : 4.1.8.8
[TV]
;*****************************************************************************
;* [TV] is for TV station optional logo file to display
;*****************************************************************************
AutoDetect=0                 ; Tuner Brand/I2C address Auto Detect
Brand=1                      ; The brand of tuner module
ClosedCaption=0
Debug=0                      ; Write debug information to TSCTNDBG.INI
GpioGPOE=00400F              ; The GPIO default
I2C=192                      ; The I2C address of tuner
Logical=0                    ; Reserved, should be zero
MTS=0                        ; With USA MTS supported
MiniRemote=1                 ; Numberic remote controller
System=1
TDA8425IS=0                  ; The TDA8425 input select
TunerEX=1                    ; Accept any philips compatible tuners.
VBIDELAY=PAL                 ; Set VBI_HDELAY to 0x19 only UK
WSText=1                     ; With WST teletext supported
WSTapp=CEBRA                 ; Name of the Tele Text Application

[AV]
;*****************************************************************************
;* [AV] is for AUDIO processor
;*****************************************************************************
Processor=0                  ; Hi-Hi processor id, such as TDA8425, PT2254A
ProcName=0                   ; Hi-Hi processor name, such as TDA8425, PT2254A
ToneCtrl=1                   ; Tone control for Hi-Fi processor
CDAplayer=0                  ; Audio CD player function
VCDplayer=0                  ; Video CD player function
MasterCtrl=0                 ; Audio Control,  0=LineIn, 1=MasterVolume
MuteDelayPrev=50             ; Mute Line-IN before 4052 switched
MuteDelayZero=00             ; Mute Line-IN after  4052 switched
MuteDelayPost=100            ; Mute Line-IN after  4052 switched
Volume=112                   ; Default Volume
Treble=8                     ; Default Treble
Bass=8                       ; Default Bass

[FM]
;*****************************************************************************
;* [FM] is for FM radio GPIO and optional logo file to display
;*****************************************************************************
Brand=FMBRAND.BMP            ; The file for FM application brand
I2C=192                      ; The I2C address of tuner
GpioGPOE=00400F              ; The GPIO customerized
GpioSwitch=1                 ; The GPIO controlled switch available or not
GpioAddressStart=0           ; The GPIO start address
GpioAddressEnd=3             ; The GPIO end   address
GpioControlData=1            ; The GPIO data to TURN ON FM audio source
GpioControlMute=8            ; The GPIO data to MUTE FM audio source
TDA8425IS=0                  ; The TDA8425 input select

[Remote]
Remote=1                     ; The remote exists flag
GpioMode=1                   ; The GPIO controlled remote controller
GpioAddressStart=8           ; The GPIO start address
GpioAddressEnd=13            ; The GPIO end   address
GpioDataMask=64              ; The GPIO data available mask
GpioTimer=50                 ; The Timer in mini second to poll
Debug=0                      ; Set Debuge message

[Source]
Air=1                        ; With Antenna input
Cable=1                      ; With Cable input
Composite=1                  ; With Composite input
SVHS=1                       ; With SVHS (S-Video) input
Camera=0                     ; With Camera input
PhilipsCCD=0                 ; With Philips analog camera
QuartzSight=0                ; With Rockwell QuartzSight Camera

Looking at the chips on the card, I don't see anything
described in the driver docs that appear sound related.

This is what I see on the card:

- big steel Phylips "box" which connects to the fm antena and cable;
  the sticker on it reads:
	3139 147 13411L
	FM1236/PH hm
	SV21 9802
- bt878 chip:
	Bt878KHF
	25878-12
	CA1914.3
	9920
	KOREA
- (8 pin chip)
	93AZ
	LM
	358M
-(16 pin chip)
	TL74HC40520
	HA	2662ME
	AN
	ID	HRo9909 C

-(16 pin chip)
	VRD866B
	NEC
	9915DC

Also, if I peel away the APAC sticker on the card,
I see: TP-878 Max (two triangles)

If anyone has any thoughts on how to proceed, it
would be greatly apreciated.

regards

jp