Re: MANY PVR related questions

Hello Stephen,

Oh - one other thing - your card must support a low enough dot-clock.
For instance, to do 720x575 mode (which is good for video output because
it matches PAL DVD, and will overscan on the TV so no black borders) you
will need to set the modeline dot clock to something like 14MHz.  My G450,
for instance, wouldn't work lower than 16MHz or so.

I was always wondering how the synchronization is done when you directly connect to a tv via scart. What I mean is: is the video output via mplayer or xine syncronized to the vertical refresh in any way?

If not, how bad are the tearing artifacts? If there is no syncronization, you will see glitches on vertical lines when the camera is moving...

Does the native xv video driver use the vertical refresh interval to switch pictures?

Steve

CU
Michael.