Re: MANY PVR related questions

On Tue, 3 Sep 2002, Barry Hunter Priest wrote:

> > I have successfully driven a TV using a VGA->SCART adaption like you
> > describe.  I forget where I got the cct but I built it right into the
> > SCART connector.  Your 100Hz TV will be looking for standard 50HZ input -
> > it doubles the scanrate internally.
> >
> > For this to work you need a video card that can do interlacing.  If your
> > card can't, you will be limited to half the vertical resolution.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Steve Davies
> Try
>
> http://links.epanorama.net/links/videocircuits.html
>
> under the section:
>
> Computer to TV
>
> -Barry

Thanks for the link.

The circuit I actually used was similar to
http://www.sput.nl/hardware/tv-x.html

Your TV must support RGB on the scart input (probably only SCART 1 on your
TV will do so).  Also - check your video card's X driver to check if
interlaced video is support.

Oh - one other thing - your card must support a low enough dot-clock.

For instance, to do 720x575 mode (which is good for video output because
it matches PAL DVD, and will overscan on the TV so no black borders) you
will need to set the modeline dot clock to something like 14MHz.  My G450,
for instance, wouldn't work lower than 16MHz or so.

Steve