Update: running multiple copies of xawtv

If I can be permitted to respond to my own question:

I found that I can access both card with different copies of xawtv,
the step that I was missing was to set the address with v4l-conf for
the second (/dev/video1) device.  So:
	# v4l-conf -a 0xF0000000 -c /dev/video1

Then, if I make sure the correct config file is linked to from ~/.xawtv
I can view images from both devices.  Of course, there is a little
interference from a performance and screen rendering perspective, but
I think that will be acceptable.  Really what I want to be able to
do is do an unseen capture (with lavrec) on one device, while perhaps
viewing from another.

I still would like xawtv and other v4l tools to have the option of
specifying the config file on the command line, so I can have different
configs for different devices.

*** One problem though.  Somehow, while doing all my video testing,
I seem to have messed up my ability to view TV signals from the
tuner on my WinTV Theater card.  I can view from the Composite
input, but none of the channels come in.  I rebooted to windows,
and the card is working fine, so it's a linux problem.  I checked
all the related drivers, and they are all the same as when things
were working, so if anyone has encountered a tuning problem that
creaped up, and then disappeared, I'd love to know how you made
it disappear.

 	Thanks once again for any hints and other help,
 	Bill

/* Bill Sherman  (wsherman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)                                */
/* National Center for Supercomputing Applications                       */
/* University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign                            */
/*     Og - "You want to do mankind a real service?  Tell funnier jokes" */
/*  Spinner - "but facts don't always reveal the truth"                  */
/*      Robin - "Yeah, but I always figure that's the writers' fault"    */