Is it possible to share a video device?

Hi everyone,
    My situation is one that requires me to set up one linux box and one camera to do both live
streaming video, as well as still image capture. Currently, I use a machine with two bt848 cards,
and use realproducer to stream the video (/dev/video0) and 'webcam' to capture stills from
/dev/video1. Ideally I would like to have only one bt848 card, and perform both of these actions.
The reason I cannot do this, is that when realproducer runs, it locks the device.

Is there a way to 'split' one bt848 card to appear as both /dev/video0 and /dev/video1?
Is there a way to remove the lock that realproducer puts on the device, in order to let webcam
grab from it?
Is there a way to have both webcam and realproducer use different inputs from the bt848 (osprey
100)?
Is there any way to do what i'd like to do?

  Thanks in advance,
                 --jordan