Re: Pinnacle PCTV Studio pro, bttv/tuner options needed

Jan-Marc Pilawa wrote:

>I tried to "convince" a recently bought "Pinnacle PCTV Studio pro"
>to work under linux/bttv but I had no success. Is there anyone who
>made it?

Here's the script that used to work on my Miro PCTV Pro (the box said Miro,
the card in the box said Pinnacle.  From day one, the card was working better
with LInux drivers than with Pinnacle's own drivers.  I wouldn't recommend
Pinnacle.)

/sbin/rmmod bttv
/sbin/rmmod tuner
/sbin/rmmod msp3400
/sbin/rmmod i2c-algo-bit
/sbin/rmmod tvaudio
/sbin/rmmod i2c-core
/sbin/rmmod videodev
/sbin/insmod     videodev
/sbin/insmod     i2c-core
/sbin/insmod     tuner    type=2 debug=0
/sbin/modprobe   msp3400
/sbin/insmod i2c-algo-bit
/sbin/insmod     bttv     radio=1  card=11 gbuffers=32

The newer software is smarter.  Now mine gets by with an entry in the
modules.conf...
options bttv gbuffers=32
Yast2 says it isn't setting anything else.

Your solution will probably be between the two, plus any differences between
the pctv pro and the pctv STUDIO pro.

Also, please note that the tuner is the Composite input, and the Composite is
in the S-video input.

-James