Re: FlyVideo2000 remote control?

On Tue, 2002-08-13 at 01:15, Gert Vervoort wrote:
> there is a utility (bttv-0.7.96/contrib/detect.c) which scans the
> I2C bus for all devices connected. If there is a I2C based IR receiver,

Only device detected is the tuner at 0xc2... :(

> But, it is indeed also possible that the IR receiver is connected to the
> GPIO ports of the SAA7130.

Hmmm... 28 GPIO ports. Might have to look at the board closely to see
which pins are physically connected to the IR port. Maybe I could start
off with the ones with no obvious functions first, GPIO25 to 27 being
the prime suspects from the datasheet -- do you know what they're for?

BTW, seem to recall someone looking for the datasheet. It's at
http://www.semiconductors.philips.com/acrobat/datasheets/SAA7130HL_1.pdf

Any ideas, tools to make this easier? I'm new to kernel programming
stuff, just going through the LDD2e book for the first time. I can run
Windows on the same box if need be, if that's of any help. I've written
Lifeview but got bytesex.org URLs as a reply, with no answer yet to a
more detailed follow-up query.

Hey guys, you sure you don't have even preliminary work on this yet?
T.C. - would you happen to have the patch/message you mentioned seeing?

Thanks,
Alex